Smile Design Can Deliver a Happier, Healthier You
Your smile says a lot about you. It communicates happiness, good health, and vitality, and it plays more than one important role in your everyday life. It even has the ability to affect success in your job and relationships. If you are confident with your smile, you will smile more often, therefore making you happier and more approachable (according to research).f
At Family Dentistry & Aesthetics, we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and dental implants, to improve and restore smiles. We specialize in creating beautiful, vibrant smiles for all of our patients. If you’re concerned about overcrowding, spacing, worn teeth, or you simply want a whiter, brighter smile, you need to investigate smile design, the first step in a smile makeover.
To learn more, visit our Smile Design Gallery and see firsthand the amazing possibilities, or call our Fort Wayne, IN, office today at (260) 432-0561 to schedule an appointment today.
Are You a Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover can help improve a number of smile imperfections, including but not limited to:
- Cracked, chipped, or worn teeth
- Missing teeth
- Discolored, dull, or stained teeth
- Overcrowding and other misalignment issues
- Gaps or spacing between teeth
- Misshapen, sharp, or seemingly short teeth
- Decayed teeth
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Will Enhance Your Smile
Smile design is what happens before a smile makeover is planned. It begins with a discussion between you and the dentist, so that Dr. Teel, and Dr. Gilbert can gain a good, solid understanding of your desires. He or she will also evaluate your records, current oral health, and may order new x-rays and images for diagnostic and case planning purposes.
Below are a few of the options you can choose from for your smile makeover:
- Dental Implants: For patients missing one or more teeth, implants are a natural-looking, long-lasting, and durable replacement option. The procedure involves surgically placing an implant post made from titanium into your jawbone. It will serve as a lifelong prosthetic tooth root. Once the post has healed and fused properly to the jawbone, a customized crown, bridge, or denture will be placed on top of the implant post(s).
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns are designed to repair severely damaged or missing teeth. Crowns can also permanently secure a traditional or implant-supported bridge. We work with a professional lab where technicians will create your custom-made crown or crown and bridge system.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are an ideal and long-lasting solution for covering enamel stains and discoloration, correcting the appearance of dental misalignment, and closing gaps between teeth. We custom-design veneers, then they are fabricated in our state-of-the-art lab. Ultimately, each veneer will be permanently bonded to your teeth to create a natural looking, practically flawless, and totally gorgeous smile.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer three different teeth whitening options: nighttime whitening, daytime whitening, and Zoom! Whitening. Each option provides great results. Ask about the differences between these systems at your appointment.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are custom-made from porcelain at our dental laboratory, to restore a tooth with severe decay or a large, failed filling. Compared to dental crowns, inlays and onlays are more structurally conservative, and they come with a smaller cost.
- Laser Gum Contouring: If your front teeth appear short and stubby, you may have excess gum tissue or an uneven gum line. We use a diode laser to contour periodontal tissue and create a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
Schedule Your Smile Design Today
To learn more about the cosmetic and restorative dentistry options available to you, call our Fort Wayne, IN, office today at (260) 432-0561 to schedule an appointment with one of our doctors.